Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 6, Thing 14, Technorati

I thought this site was very similar to de.lic.ious, and thought that there was similar information on the site. While searching "school library learning 2.0" it was interesting to see the different results based on where I was searching. I also was surprised by the "popular" blogs, searches, and posts. Many of the searches were things I haven't even heard of or at least had never heard that abbreviation before. I didn't realize how out of touch I was with what is "popular". It was also interesting to notice the similarities and differences between the popular blogs, searches, and tags -only a few things in were more than one of the popular categories. I would have thought that if a lot of pople were searching for it more people would be at least blogging about it.

I like the idea of tagging and think that it could come in very handy when trying to mark material/resources for future use, but the same time I also feel like I could easily get lost in the overwhelming amount of material. I do like that with tagging you can quickly get an idea of what the resource is like.

No comments: