Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 3, Thing 7, Technology Post

This poems sums up how we are currently feeling, as we sit here after school trying to catch up. The work is a lot of fun & very exciting, but these computers ....well they aren't always the best.


A DRAGON IS IN MY COMPUTER

A dragon is in my computer,
It's there when I turn on the screen,
It stares at me, fierce and unfriendly,
Through eyes of maleovolent green.
It hisses and spits little fires,
It flicks its preposterous tail,
I've tried every trick to erase it,
But all of my stratagems fail.

It's there when I'm doing my homework,
It's there when I'm playing a game,
My mouse does it's best to erase it,
That dragon remains all the same.
It may disappear for a minute,
But always comes slithering back,
Appearing on top of my program,
Resuming its nasty attack.

I have no idea where it came from,
Or why it keeps picking on me,
Examining me like a morsel
It's thinking it might fricassee.
I wish I could douse it with water
And bop it on the snout,
A dragon is in my computer -
I hope that it never gets out.

Source

Prelutsky, Jack. The Dragons Are Singing Tonight. Greenwillow Books, New York: 1993. p33.

No comments: