Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 4, Thing 8, blogroll



Before today I had not a clue what a RSS feed or blogline was, but after spending the last couple of hours navigating through the different sites I can understand why so many people use them. I was able to find out a lot in a short amount of time. Setting it up was easy with the simple steps provided by Bloglines, and I was amazed at how quickly I completed the process. I really liked how in the set up it allowed to choose things that interested you and then automatically added those feeds for you.

I could definately see myself using this technology in both my school and personal life. I think it would be a wonderful and convenient way to keep in touch and up to date with friends and family. I could easily see students using this type of technology for discussions and projects. The only potential problem that I see with such technology is addiction. I could see myself spending endless hours looking for information and findinglots of new things to post about.

No comments: