Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Week 8, Thing # 18, Zoho


Just from reading through the introduction I am very excited about this program! Being a new teacher I don't have my own classroom let alone my own my computer at work. I am constantly going from computer to computer and hoping that all of my files come up ok. I can't wait to try this out and not have to worry about formatting from one place to another. What a wonderful idea this is!

Being that my computer is now a few years older I was amazed at all the option this program has to offer in terms of formatting. My computer doesn't have half that stuff. I love the ease of generating charts, lists, and graphs right on the page. There is even an easy way to add exponents! This program is going to be a great asset to me because I am constantly spending hours writing math sheets and now it can be done with ease all within one program.laughing

The organization at the the top of the page is wonderful - it is so easy to find everything that you might need when writing a document. I really like that there are buttons for things like the thesaurus, comments, end notes, and footnotes, because when teaching writing these are things that are often hard to locate especially for first time users. I could see this program being a great resource for student projects, because it would be an easy way for them to do work both at school and at home without worrying about a disk or thumb drive.

No comments: