Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 8, Thing #19, LibraryThing

This website is way more fun than typing all my books into Excel like I usually do, and it actually organizes everything for me! It couldn't be any easier. I only added a few of the books in my classroom library for now to save on time; however, I fully intend to add of the books to the site. I think it is a great way to keep track of all the books I have in the classroom.

Since the books I added are all children's books, and very popular ones at that, they were all very popular out of the ones I added Little Women was by far the most popular. I anticipate that the other books I add will be popular as well, because it seems as though there are many educators on the site. I like that there are postings/ratings about the books, because it is a neat way for students to read about a book before selecting it. It also a great way for them to share thoughts about a book.

Here is the link to my LibraryThing catalog
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/canyouhearmenow

No comments: