Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 9, Thing #21, Podcasts

Finally, something I have had some experience with. I was beginning to think that I was totally out of touch with today's technology. Before today I had explored iTunes at great length - What else do college student's do? I enjoyed exploring some of the other podcasts that are out there. Seeing that the only time I really listen to the news is the car (which you can't really call news b/c on most FM radio stations it's mainly updates on celebrities) I decided to look mainly at the news podcasts. When looking at some classmates blogs I found a link to the NPR podcast website, and I found that to be a great place to learn about current events. I must say though that I did spend a lot of time looking through junk on the sites before coming across more reliable information.

I found a link to the New York Times on which they summarize the front page daily. The actual NY Times site itself has tons of podcasts & RSS feeds on it, unfortunately I am having trouble locating the RSS feed for the summary page, so for now here is a link to it.
http://podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=19341#

1 comment:

Noel said...

Hi

Thanks a lot. You decided right. I know another great podcast directory and want to share with you. It is also free.